We've reached some big milestones in the last month!
- The Libera bus has now traveled to all 55 counties in West Virginia!!
- We made some vital connections around the state with educators, leaders and state officials
- We attended Women’s and Girl’s Day at the WV Legislature and Libera wristbands were handed out to everyone in attendance
- Libera is working with 2 classes through the WVU Center for Service and Learning
- We have passed out over 12,000 rack cards in every county of the state!
- We are following up with many women who have completed the Libera groups, connecting them to specific resources to overcome their barriers, and encouraging them to pursue the dreams they have
- We started several new Libera model groups; we are expanding to reach other counties [see below]
- 5 Libera groups are currently running in Mon [3 groups], Marion and Barbour Counties
- We are starting groups in Preston, Tyler and Taylor Counties in the next months
- An Upshur County group is being planned for the summer.
- Delivering suitcases filled with supplies for domestic violence survivors to shelters in Mon, Marion and Randolph Counties
- Walk Across the State, April 21-23 [see our previous blog post on this, or go to www.99pledges.com/fund/libera to sponsor a walker. you can also plan to walk and email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org]
- “Chosen” showing at Philip Barbour H.S.
- Speaking to NCWV Women’s Giving Circle, April 27
- Libera Workshop being planned for Charleston
Do you want to help West Virginia women find freedom? Get involved!